Please share this post with your friends if you think they would like to participate!
The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you currently find yourself.
I believe in the power of community. I ran fitness bootcamps for 7 years and felt the magic of group training. We attacked the workout each day with a pack like mentality. A single minded purpose.
Power in numbers.
Sweaty high fives, slaps on the back and words of encouragement.
I miss that. I believe we NEED that in order to be the best we can be. To show up. To give it all we have.
Even when we feel like sleeping in.
HERE’S WHAT WORKS
The internet allows us to be social.
Facebook can be a great tool for a lot of things – staying in touch with friends and relatives, meeting new friends, sharing pictures and funny images.
But it can also be used for fitness. For example, Bill Phillips runs a transformation event in Colorado that lasts 3 days. My buddy Joe Vitale has done it more than once. The cost is $1495.00 plus travel/hotel.
As soon as you begin with your “team” (pack), you create a Facebook page for your group. You name your group which is then the name of the Facebook page. After you finish your 3 day Transformation camp and head back home, you must check in each week on your Facebook group page – but are encouraged to check in daily. I believe you have to publish a picture of yourself and/or publish your current body weight.
Expensive? Perhaps. Worth it? Absolutely. Especially when you consider the alternative. You’ll make life long friends and build support.
And so it comes around.
LET’S DO IT
I miss it. My life has changed but my enthusiasm, love of fitness and love of helping others has not changed. I want you to join me in October for the first online SCOTT YORK FITNESS CHALLENGE.
As a fitness pro for thirty years, I know that October, November and December are the “dangerous months” for packing on the extra pounds. There’s football games, school goodies coming home, Halloween and scary movies to watch. We love to eat during this time. I know from experience that October, November and December are challenging.
So let’s do something about it – together.
Here’s how it will work:
This challenge starts on Oct 1st and lasts until Oct 31st.
This challenge is designed to focus on calories burned. If you weight 150lbs, then your goal is to burn 150 calories on your workout day in order to earn 1 point.
If you weigh 220lbs, then your goal is to burn 220 calories on your workout day in order to earn 1 point. At the end of the month, your goal is to have earned 28 points.
It sounds pretty easy as I normally burn 500 calories on a typical workout day. BUT…things happen. Life happens. What are you going to do when you travel? What if you get sick for a day or 2? You have to earn 28 points. Find a way. No excuses.
Losing weight is hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Staying overweight is hardest.
It’s the pack mentality.
You’ll need a heart rate monitor that will track calories burned.
We’ll all workout on the same day of the week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. I think this is important because I know you’re out there…getting it done. And that will add a little kick to all of our efforts.
Rest days are Thursday and Saturday. In order to earn 28 points, you’ll need to burn your weight in calories for 28 days.
Doubling up on points is not allowed. Example – you weigh 140lbs and burn 280 calories therefore you get to take the next day off.
This challenge is about consistency and burning calories equal to body weight for 28 days during the month of October.
You’ll figure something out 🙂
My suggestion? On your scheduled off days (Thurs/Sun) do something called “active rest”. Fast walking, walk/sprint, light warm up/workout, etc.
Find a way.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET
As a participant of this challenge, you’ll get:
- A daily motivational email from me. Everyone gets the same email.
- Workout choice – bootcamp style (no equipment required), weight training if you have access to a gym, or foundation (beginner workout). These are not personalized. You tell me which category you’re in (bootcamp, weight training or beginner) and I’ll provide the workouts with easy to follow directions. I’ll include images and/or videos when needed. “Needed” means that you’re unfamiliar with an exercise or just need a refresher on how to do it. The goal here is not to do an extreme weight loss challenge. This challenge is about moving your body for 28 days in October. These workouts will provide fresh ideas to keep you interested and focused.
- A private Facebook page that we will use to share, inspire and motivate.
- A basic nutrition program to follow. This is not personalized. It’s my nutritional program that I follow and recommend. If you follow this nutritional program even partially, you will love the result. You’ll have more energy and your body will resist adding weight. Unless of course you eat too many Pumpkin filled Oreos.
- My cardio routine that I call “Ab-Aerobics” that requires NO equipment and can be completed in as little as 8 minutes.
You’re all going to win if you participate. But one lucky person will get:
- $50 gift card to MACY’S. Why Macy’s? Because you’re going to want to buy yourself something to show off your sleek and sexy bod and this will help with that purchase!
- Quest Nutrition has graciously contributed a 12 pack variety flavor box of Quest Protein Bars! Flavors include: Banana Nut, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, Peanut Butter Supreme, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Brownie, Double Chocolate Chunk, Vanilla Almond Crunch, Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, White Chocolate Raspberry)
- Quest Nutrition also threw in a 3 pack of their NEW Protein Chips! (Sea Salt, Cheddar and BBQ flavors)!
I will be charging a nominal fee. Cost? $9.95. A one time payment. That’s much easier on your wallet than $1495.00, right?
Questions? Let’s hear them (email me or post them below) and I will build a Q and A section. Ways to make this challenge better? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Ready to register?
P.S. Please share this post with your friends if you think they would like to participate!